Healthy diet promotes overall health and gives toned, smooth and beautiful skin. Top five foods for beautiful skin include:
Red and Green Vegetables
Red, orange and green vegetables are best for beautiful skin.
- Red and orange vegetables are full of beta carotene. It is inactive form of Vitamin A that is transformed to vitamin A by our body. Vitamin A reduces dryness and makes skin look youthful and bright.
- Green leafy vegetables such as spinach are full of vitamin A. Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant, prevent cell damage, helps skin to remove dead cell by producing new cells and prevent premature ageing. In addition, it also has anti-acne benefits and is been largely used for the same.
- Tomatoes are high- carotenoid and great source of antioxidants lycopene. These nutrients slow down the cellular damage of skin from free radicals.
- Besides vegetables, certain fruits also have vitamins for beautiful skin. For instance, mango is a rich source of vitamin A.
- When avocados are applied topically they help to hydrate parched skin. Being good source of biotin, avocados prevent dry skin and make it look beautiful.
- With aging collagen (protein that forms basic structure of skin) production slows down, thus making your skin look saggy. Vitamin C aids the body in production of collagen. Fruits such as oranges, grapefruit and acerola cherries are good source of vitamin C. They help to prevent wrinkles and tighten the skin.
The best source of vitamin A is fruits and vegetables. On must avoid taking vitamins supplements as its excess intake can lead to serious health problems.
Whole grains help to improve your complexion. For beautiful skin replace your processed carbohydrates with whole grain. They also have Vitamin B biotin that assist fat processing in cell and prevents your skin from becoming dry and scaly. Buckwheat is excellent source of antioxidants that help to combat skin damage.
Nuts can also help you to have beautiful skin. Some of the nuts such as almonds are rich source of antioxidants and vitamin E. Vitamin E protects skin from skin-aging free radicals. By including nuts in your routine diet you can get moisturised and youthful skin.
Nuts such as almonds, walnuts and pistachios contain omega-3 fatty acid that gives glow to skin.
Sea food is rich in zinc and omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 improves blood circulation which is directly link to skin’s health. By including sea food in your diet you will you can significantly reduce skin dryness and inflammation. In addition, zinc control over production of sebum, the main cause of acne. Sea food is good for overall health of skin.